I’ve found that a little food prep goes a long way in the morning and helps me stay away from junk food! Here’s my routine:
1. I throw some quinoa in my rice cooker before I hop in the shower.
2. Chop up and add fresh veggies (tomatoes, jalapeno, celery, cucumber, red bell pepper, avocado etc.)
3. Add a handful of nuts and/or seeds (walnuts, almonds, sunflower, sesame, chia)
4. Toss in a cup or so of beans (I make a big batch of beans every few days: garbanzo, black, and kidney beans are my favorite)
5. Squeeze some lemon juice on top and add extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and other spices (turmeric, coriander, cumin etc.)
5. Make my morning smoothie in my magic bullet: (recipe here: )
6. Pack my snacks: this may include-fresh fruit, a pure bar, veggies and hummus, roasted seaweed snack
**This may seem like a lot to do in the morning, but I have it down to a science and it takes about 15 minutes total. I’ve found that being prepared is the only way I can avoid the cravings that come through the day (because those french fries smell 10,000 times better when you are hungry ;-)
I hope this is helpful!